The Moving Image Source Research Guide is a gateway to the best online resources related to film, television, and digital media.
Browse by Type of Resource
- Academic Associations (14)
- Administrative Bodies (24)
- Archives - Africa (2)
- Archives - Americas (23)
- Archives - Asia Pacific (8)
- Archives - Europe (15)
- Article Search Tools (76)
- Bibliographies (109)
- Databases (58)
- Foreign-Language (12)
- Foreign-Language (With English Content) (33)
- Full-Length and Short Films Online (66)
- Media Resources (43)
- Online Archives of Non-Film Materials (33)
- Online Archives, Collections, and Exhibitions (55)
- Online Collections Catalogs (61)
- Online Film and Media Journals (67)
- Photos (80)
- Reference (186)
- Scripts (4)
Filter Resource List
- Archives Françaises du Film
Search the collection of the physical archive. In French.
- Archivio Audiovisivo del Movimento Operaio e Democratico
Search the audiovisual collection. In Italian.
- Bibliothèque du Film (BiFi)
Search the collection catalog for filmmakers and films. Many catalog entries feature individual synopses and bibliographies. Particularly useful to researchers who speak French.
- Cine Club - Cine Mexico
This website features a detailed timeline of Mexican cinema history and a handful of bibliographic recommendations for each entry. In Spanish.
- Cinema Novo
Portuguese-language site with essays on Cinema Novo of Brazil. Features director Glauber Rocha and others, with profiles, interviews and filmographies.
- Cineteca Nacional - Mexico
The official site of the national film archive of Mexico offers information about current and past exhibitions, as well as links to festivals, film websites, and other institutions in Mexico. In Spanish.
- Fondazione Fellini
This site devoted to the Italian director features a filmography and bibliography. Each entry in the filmography includes a summary, still image, cast and crew list, and a list of selected quotations from critics. In Italian.
- German Newsreel Archive
View clips of German newsreels online. In German.
- Histoire du Cinema Marocain
A database of important Moroccan national productions, dating back to 1952, including a short synopsis of each film. In French and Arabic, with some English.
- Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting Archive
Archive of television and radio programs that can be viewed online. In Farsi.
- National Film Archive of Malaysia
Search for what's available in the physical archive. In Malay.
- Neorealisme (BiFi)
BiFi's online exhibition on Italian Neorealism, by Pierre Sorlin. Features images, film clips, bibliographies, and a wealth of information. In French.