The Moving Image Source Research Guide is a gateway to the best online resources related to film, television, and digital media.
Browse by Type of Resource
- Academic Associations (14)
- Administrative Bodies (24)
- Archives - Africa (2)
- Archives - Americas (23)
- Archives - Asia Pacific (8)
- Archives - Europe (15)
- Article Search Tools (76)
- Bibliographies (109)
- Databases (58)
- Foreign-Language (12)
- Foreign-Language (With English Content) (33)
- Full-Length and Short Films Online (66)
- Media Resources (43)
- Online Archives of Non-Film Materials (33)
- Online Archives, Collections, and Exhibitions (55)
- Online Collections Catalogs (61)
- Online Film and Media Journals (67)
- Photos (80)
- Reference (186)
- Scripts (4)
Filter Resource List
Censorship and Regulation
- Administration Commission of Motion Picture Code of Ethics (Japan)
The Administrative Commission of Motion Picture Code of Ethics is a nongovernmental body responsible for the regulation of film and video in Japan. This website provides information on the commission.
- Irish Film Censor's Office
The Irish Film Censor's Office, first established in 1923, is "responsible for examining and certifying all cinema films and videos/DVDs distributed in Ireland." Users can learn more about the different film classifications, as well as the classifications of current and upcoming features. The website also features useful information on the history of the Censor's Office and the legislation regulating censorship in Ireland, as well as a short overview by historian Kevin Rockett.
- Joan Sourasky-Constantiner Holocaust Multimedia Research Center
Searchable archive of multimedia materials related to the Holocaust, including Nazi propaganda materials. Soon to include a full, digitized collection, but for now users can only search the holdings of the physical collection. In English and Hebrew.
- Motion Picture Case Files in New York State Archives
New York State collected case files on motion pictures between 1927 and 1965. The files contain a wealth of information, including, in many cases, film scripts.
- MPAA Market Statistics
This site lists MPAA ratings for all rated films, and also publishes useful year-by-year box office reports analyzing "office trends, admissions trends, and consumer attitudes." Users can also see domestic and international box office rankings, demographic studies, and statistics about piracy.
- One in Ten: Adrian Scott and the Hollywood Ten
An online exhibit examining the blacklisting of screenwriter and producer Adrian Scott under McCarthyism during the 1950s.